Good Sleep !!!!!!
Process and save memories
Boost your immune system
Recharges your body
My interest in getting to know more about sleep patterns and its importance arose only after my road accident two years ago. Quality of sleep should not be ignored. It has been documented that well slept people give their best performances in the world. I had the best sleep in the world 🙂 I always thought until the unexpected happened. Sleep is the best ways to heal our bodies and fundamental to our health. Eight to seven hours is often quoted as the optimum, but the optimum sleeping time varies between people and at different times of life.
Concentration and memory are noticeably affected with sleeplessness and people are more likely to be impulsive. Sleepiness also effects your work performance and also creates a risk while driving. Sleeplessness is associated with health disorders such a depression, dementia, heart diseases and anxiety. According to a survey average reported sleep time is 7 hours, although 12% sleep less than 5 ½ hours and 8% over 9 hours. Three-quarters (76%) who sleep less than 5 ½ hours report frequent daytime impairment or sleep-related symptoms.
I had lost my sleep as one of my symptoms of concussion. I would wake up after every two hours, which was annoying and painful. My doctors prescribed me medicines that I decided to discontinue because of their adverse effects and decided to heal naturally and practicing “Sleep Hygiene” . This wasn’t easy but it definitely convinced me that Sleep Hygiene – The Do’s and Dont’s of sleep if practiced with discipline bring situations on track as desired.
Many factors play a role in whether or not you get a good night’s sleep, from the conditions in your bedroom to your bedtime routine and even to what you did during the day. Check with your sleep habits below and reflect on the changes you need to make for a sound sleep:
Here is a Self-Habit Sleep Assessment I prepared for you – Take this Quiz
A. My sleep last week
- Yeah! am usually out until early morning
- Ok! I sleep less and it does not bother me
- Perfect! There is no consistent time of my sleeping
- Sleep? I miss sleep.
- Whatever! Every night is different when I go to bed to sleep
B. When do you wake up?
- I have my alarm set at the same time every morning.
- I don’t care what time I get up.
- I wake up at different timings every morning.
- I sleep till noon every weekend.
C. What time you go to bed?
- It depends what time I want to sleep.
- I sleep early on the weekdays and late on weekends.
- I sleep at the same time every day.
- I sleep after I finish my household chores, it could be very late night.
D. What I do half an hour before sleep?
- Listen to music.
- Take a shower.
- Do some exercise workout or yoga.
- Switch off the lights
- Scroll through my emails.
- Scroll through social media.
- Read or write up my school article.
- Finish up with my kitchen clean up.
- Spend some romantic time.
- I love being on my phone.
E. How you feel is when you go to sleep?
- It is cold and I am uncomfortable.
- I can hear the noise through the window.
- I can hear the crickets.
- I like watching the stars through the window.
- It is warm and cozy.
- I can smell the food from my kitchen.
- It is quiet and different from other rooms in my home.
- It is hot and uneasy.
F. What is in your bedroom when you go to sleep?
- A light that glows.
- A dim light.
- My partner who hogs the bed
- My pet is with me.
- My little baby is with me.
G. Do any of these wake you up?
- My stress.
- Noise through the window.
- Night sweats.
- Aches and pains.
- Snoring of my partner.
- Acidity in my stomach.
7. What do you do when you wake up in the middle of night?
- I fall back to sleep quickly.
- I watch TV or scroll through my phone.
- I don’t wake up.
- I have coffee.
- I like to snack.
- I am awake until early morning light.
8. How is your health?
- Heart problems
- High Cholesterol
- Heavy weight
- None of the above
9. When do you exercise?
- I don’t think it is important
- In the evening
- In the early morning
- Before going to bed.
- It varies and is not regular
Take this quiz until we talk about do and dont’s for a good sleep 🙂
Don’t forget to like/ comment, much appreciated !
#sleep #goodsleep #sleephygiene #health #healthylifestyle #concussion