“IT IS NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER BUT OURSELVES”- Sir Edmund Hillary
“Remember that with whatever hurdles and obstacles you are faced with, they make you stronger.”
It has been 20 months since I met with a road accident and this journey of 20 months has been extremely tough. I myself have been a motivator, encouraging people around. Still was tough to cope up with, because of the physical symptoms I faced that were not under my control.
- It completely derailed me,
- Left me with frustration of rebuilding my life,
- Left me out of work force,
- Had to deal with constant rows of medical appointments,
- Unable to do things that I enjoyed including blogging and staying connected with my audience and fans. 😀
Today I am finding courage to write the tips that YOU could use in your life especially if you feel depressed, have anxiety issues, life seems dark and dull, want a healthy lifestyle that is joyful. I guarantee you will find refuge by following these tips. I wish you all good luck and the best for you !!!
Many of my fans thought where I had vanished and told me how much they missed my motivational talks. Little did they know what I was going through.
It has been like – you fall in a deep well and cry there, sitting how to get out of the darkness you face.
* If possible practice the activities consistently that leave you HIGH SPIRITED. For me consistency was hard as I had no idea what I my next day would look like because of my symptoms.
“Many times I tried a balance that worked for me” – my FOCUS was SELF CARE and I was cautious of not isolating myself because of symptoms would be disastrous.
- Frequently bought flowers for my home as they are so positive and make you smile.
- Expressed my symptoms through journal-ling, it also helped me to remember my symptoms and discuss with the physician.
- Visited my Physician weekly and later after a year biweekly.
- Did not miss visiting my therapists.
- Talked to my family and very close friends and took their advice.
- Tried reading books e.g – ‘Super Brain’ by Deepak Chopra
- Got a new hair cut and made myself good.
- Took hot water tubs with essential oils.
- Used diff-users in my home that were relaxing and soothing.
- Practiced aromatherapy for various medical symptoms I faced- Lavender, chamomile, eucalyptus and peppermint have been my favourite.
- Picked a crossword book and worked on memory scale.
- Picked magazines from grocery stores that would keep me motivated through colours and images.
- My daughter bought me a Chinese painting kit that I used and brought back chilhood memories.
- Tried and practiced Caligraphy that has always been an interest to me.
- Tried yoga classes.
- Took yoga workshop.
- Used colour screens while reading.
- Did my best not to isolate myself by going to events most of the time encouraged by a friend and family members.
- Volunteered at various occasions in the community.
- Tried learning a new music instrument – a guitar.
- Tried various herbal teas and added them in my collection.
- Lend a helping hand to friends.
- Went for self care- messages to relax the muscles.
- Listened to music that relaxed and was soothing.
- Visited farmers market.
- Appreciated colours in nature.
- Observed the change of sky colours according to the season.
- Got close to nature through gardening.
- Went to shopping malls even though it meant window shopping.
- De-cluttered my space.
- Went out for small distance walks in my neighborhood.
- Indulged in manicure and pedicure.
- Took naps during the day whenever my body required.
- Did a few paintings initially.
- Traveled to see my family back home that was superb, relaxing and memorable.
- Appreciated people who were kind to me through little tokens and gestures.
- Bought a new fitbit band to replace my broken one.
- Tried having healthy habits by having conversations with family and friends.
- Kept a track of activities that are healthy and lifting.
- Kept away from any negativity around.
- Avoided distractions that were noisy for silence in a day.
- Practiced mindfulness e.g. Appreciating citrus smell of an orange, colour and shape of flower, feel of a through.
- Made use of overstuffed pillows and comforters that made me feel good with their feel and use.
- Listened to numerous webinars as a learning process for future.
- Followed people on Instagram whom I felt were inspiring.
- Went back to gym after 10 months with the encouragement of my mom and started with a slow pace.
- Took a month challenge and another challenge later to reduce my weight that I had tremendously gained.
- Tried my best of conserving my energy by getting involved in things that were only meaningful.
- Shopped for especially ethnic clothing that is colourful and creative.
- Since I had high expectations from myself I even ran for an election for a city board.
SHARE IT !!! and leave your comments 😀
Until Next time-