In broader sense empowerment is enhancing the skills at an individual or at a group level, where the skills can be used to get the desired outcome(s). Everyone has strengths and weaknesses and you get empowered by conquering your weaknesses and you are aware of setting your goals and working towards them by making the right choices. I believe every individual has the potential to be self aware by reflecting on their actions critically.
(Clip from Sun Newspaper few years ago: myself beside my paintings when I was unaware of true meaning of empowerment, though I was aware of developing my new skills).
Same applies to the group of employees in a company or organization. When the employees learn the details, mission and vision of the company and can take actions for a desired outcome.
- The word empowerment is powerful. Empowered people have the freedom of making choices and taking actions. It has been on my mind for many months and finally I am writing few of my thoughts here.
- Empowerment also leads to insight and confidence, with which you can analyze a situation critically and communicate effectively with others.
Here I will like to mention empowerment does not mean subduing someone.
(I see sparkle in the learning eyes when they learn little by little and tell me how they can handle their lives in a better way).
A person can also feel empowered when he learns a new language in a completely different country and that helps him or her to make his life good for the betterment of his or her future.
To become self empowered you have to take your own responsibility
- Build confidence by taking your own decisions and making choices for the betterment.
- Don’t hide your creativity. Let it create the ripples of your strength.
- Be positive in thinking towards others and yourself.
- Know your weaknesses and strengths. When you are aware of your weaknesses you can work on them.
- Analyze what is your contribution to the life that you are leading.
- Don’t live on disappointments, instead make amendments where you feel the gaps that prevent you to achieve your goals.
- Take decisions that make you feel fulfilled.
Empowerment does not come over a day, but every step leads to a journey of empowerment.
Take the right actions to build empowerment in your life !!
Thank for visiting, like or comment please 🙂