There is no work that is without challenges and stress. But the way you can handle your work load makes a big difference in your performance and your outlook towards your work. Resilience is when you spring back in your work when a difficult situation arises and you take it as a challenge for your own growth. You learn and makes changes in your performance and become tolerant for future. Your efficiency is affected by the challenges you can take. You don’t show the signs of giving up and feeling low.
A popular question asked by an interviewer is ……..
How can you handle stress at work ?
Employers want to make sure their employers can handle the stress situations if it arises. I remember answering an interviewer at one time …I handle stress by going to the gym, working out or through painting. It overall effects my attitude on day to day basis and even at work. One should be capable of figuring out what works best for them and not grumble for the situation they are in.
By saying all this, resilience looks different during economic downturns when people are layed off not because of their performance but because of the economic situation the company is facing. Again the employee has to show resilience by not keeping low and having self doubts but take actions that will help them mentally and survive. A self employed person like an artist, may not have much income but shows resilience and trade off by the freedom they have with regards to time schedules and still be happy.
Ways to show resilience…..yes you can !!!
- Cultivate the practice of being flexible. Your work may involve changes or your boss may ask for modifications in the work you are doing. Be flexible to accept them and follow the guidelines as desired, things will become easy for you once attempt them. If you have a BIG NO in your mind you cannot succeed in overcoming the challenges.
- Be committed to your work. When you are committed you make sure your are honest in finishing the desired work as accepted. Resilient people have the urge to being on top of their responsibilities.
- Be ready to take challenges that come your way. Recently I had changes at workplace with regards to expectations of paper work. The lead told that people who had accepted the challenge had crossed the high tides but people who were not ready to take challenges were still struggling at work.
- Be patient in tackling a situation that may arise unexpectedly. Don’t let the fire create burned irreparable atmosphere for you. Train your mind to be patient and not feel frustrated in grave situations. Be mindful of what you are saying or doing. Your actions reflect at your work place.
- Create personal awareness for being mindful. When you create awareness of being mindful you become confident and don’t show self doubts. You may practice meditation or a healthy lifestyle to gain control on your mind without anxiety.
- Build a positive outlook that will help you to have a positive response to the situation you may face at work. When I say positive response it means you are ready to take up the actions that will define your end goal with success.
Resilience helps us to grow with every opportunity and step we take !!!!
Thanks for visiting and reading my blog, Like or comment please 🙂